These were two goats hanging out under a tree.
There was a guy in a costume that looked like the Recycle triangle. Gavin was scared...and wouldn't give him a high-five.
Gavin and I went to Virginia at the end of April, before his birthday so that he could still fly free. While we were there we went to the DC zoo with Grandma M and Elizabeth. A lot of the exhibits were closed, so we didn't see much, but Gavin loved the Gorillas. They terrified him, though. If they started to move, he would run over by me. I think he liked the thrill. We watched them for a good half hour to 45 minutes.
Grandma & Grandpa M wanted to have a little birthday party for Gavin. Apparently I didn't take any pictures of the guests, but Aunt Jan & Uncle Toby were there (Ben's Aunt and Uncle), Grandma GG (Ben's Grandma), G & G M, of course, and a Clint (a family friend).
Gavin didn't know what to do with the attention.
He started to blow the candles out before we sang.
Then when it came time to actually do it, he was too shy. He loved the cake, though.
He very much enjoyed opening his presents. This is a motorcycle from Clint--I think it was Gavin's favorite because he wouldn't put it down to open other presents. So, Grandpa M hid it until all the presents were open.
This one is from Aunt Jan and Uncle Toby.
He loves playing with it and looking at the animal pictures, but we have yet to actually try playing it as a game.
Grandpa M gave Gavin a Leapfrog book of Ni-Hao Kailan--Grandpa and Gavin watch her show together.
Aunt Elizabeth had to work during the party, so Gavin opened her present when she got home. He knew what was up and was excited to get another present.
He got finger paints and a Lightning McQueen swimsuit! He loves McQueen!
On our last day in Virignia, Grandpa M took us to the Richmond Zoo. We saw a lot more animals than at the DC zoo. Gavin was still scared of the monkeys and thought that they would come get him. We had a lot of fun looking at and feeding the animals.
In this part of the zoo, there are a bunch of little birds. You can buy a stick with seeds on it and they will come land on it. Gavin wanted to hold the stick, but he shook off any bird that landed on it.
Gavin's favorite part of the zoo was this train.
Gavin was too afraid to actually feed the animals, but he liked watching Grandpa M and me feed them.
After our trip to Virginia, we celebrated Gavin's birthday with Dad and some of our new friends here in Kentucky. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of them.
This is Gavin before the party started. He has never fallen asleep on the couch watching TV, but apparently he was really tired.
I made him a "Clubhouse" cake. Gavin doesn't call Mickey Mouse by his name, Gavin calls him Clubhouse.
He didn't know how to act while we were singing.
And he still wouldn't blow out the candles on his own.

3 comments:
How did I not know you had a blog!!!! Oh my I can't believe how cute Gavin is and how big he is - but I guess thats what happens when its been as long as it has since I last saw him. Hope everything is awesome in Ohio!
Hey Ashlee. Your Virginia trip sounded like it was great. I actually have a friend serving in the Richmond Virginia Mission. Have a great rest of the year!
I love the "clubhouse" cake. It looks beautiful! Good job, Ash. And Oliver likes to BE Mickey. He makes us call him Mickey all the time.
Post a Comment