We went to a park in Virginia that Ben used to go to when he was a boy. They have a petting zoo, which was closed the day we were there, but the goats were out.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Virginia!!
Gavin and I spent three weeks on the east coast with Ben's family. It was SO much fun and I was not ready to come home, but we must always come back to reality.
Gavin and I went to the pool with Ben's Aunt Lisa and her kids. Lauren played with Gavin in the pool. His favorite part was crawling around the perimeter and getting in and out. It was very fun.


I forgot to bring our swimsuits with us to the pool, so Gavin wore a swim diaper that Aunt Lisa had and his shorts.

This is Lily and Gavin
To keep Gavin entertained at the grocery store, we put him in the cart amongst all the food.

To keep him entertained in the car on the way home, we gave him Oreos and boy does he love them!



Gavin looking out the window of our bedroom at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

Grandma took us to the Richmond Zoo. Gavin loved looking at all the animals.

Grandma bought some Giraffe food, so we could feed the Giraffes. However, when we gave Gavin the food, he tried to eat it. So, just Grandma and I fed the giraffes and Gavin watched.
Gavin stuck his hand out while we were feeding the Giraffes and this one licked him. He didn't really like it.



Bats are gross.
This vulture is very colorful.

Gavin loved the Penguins.

There was a rooster just wandering around.
It was SUPER hot, so we stopped for a snow cone - YUM!
This alligator was in the water until Gavin started banging on the fence--then the alligator came out of the water and stared at us.
After Gavin and I had been in Virginia for a week and a half, Ben flew in and his parents took us all to Duck, North Carolina to the beach. Ben's Grandma and his Aunt Julie and her family came with us. Here is Gavin enjoying the hot tub with Grandma, Grandpa, Sydney, Mattie and Elizabeth.

We went and played miniature golf while we were at the beach. It was pretty hot and humid, so I kept sprinkling Gavin with water. He did well in the stroller for awhile, but then I had to give him an Oreo to keep him entertained a little longer.


We all LOVED the beach! Gavin took some time getting used to the water, but by the time we left, he let the waves crash in his face.




I gave Gavin an Oreo at the beach and, of course, he dropped it in the sand. That didn't stop him from eating it, though--sand and all.












We went to a park in Virginia that Ben used to go to when he was a boy. They have a petting zoo, which was closed the day we were there, but the goats were out.

Gavin loves animals! He doesn't really like to pet them, but he does it and then laughs--like it is a funny joke that he just touched a goat.


I wanted to have Gavin's car seat with me on the airplane, so I bought a luggage rack that I could strap it to. I pulled Gavin through the airport on it. He loved it and so did the people around us. The luggage rack served a dual-purpose, though. Gavin also loved to play with it.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a wonderful vacation!
We went to a park in Virginia that Ben used to go to when he was a boy. They have a petting zoo, which was closed the day we were there, but the goats were out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment